Having a baby at Osborne Park Hospital
A water birthing suite at Osborne Park Hospital.
Osborne Park Hospital’s team of midwives and obstetric staff are committed to preparing you and your family for all aspects of childbirth and parenthood.
Labour care is provided in well-appointed birth suites with individual sitting rooms and ensuite bathrooms.
A welcoming patient bath for early labour is also part of the birth suite complex.
The hospital provides care to women with low to moderate risk pregnancies, with close links to King Edward Memorial Hospital.
Care is provided throughout the antenatal, labour and postnatal period by Osborne Park Hospital’s team of obstetric and midwifery professionals.
Osborne Park Hospital provides maternity care to women living within the following postcodes:
- 6014 – 6015
- 6017 – 6022
- 6052 (Inglewood)
- 6059 – 6061
Facilities available at Osborne Park Hospital include:
- 4 well-appointed birth suites
- spacious assessment rooms
- Snoezelen Room, designed to promote deep relaxation and wellbeing, through the use of special lighting, sound, images and aromatic oils
- state-of-the-art operating suites with 24-hour anaesthetic and theatre staff.
Services and features
Services and features available at the hospital include:
- GP shared-care available
- 24-hour obstetric staff on site
- self-referrals welcome
- antenatal services
- antenatal classes/parenthood preparation classes
- access to lactation consultant midwives
- Homecare Midwifery Program
- buffet breakfast
- specialist diets catered for (for example halal)
- accredited interpreter services available
- staff undergo intense obstetric emergency training
- coffee mornings for new mums and babies.
Tours of the maternity unit are held each Sunday at 3.00pm starting from the main hospital reception. No bookings required.
Osborne Park Hospital (external site)
Antenatal: 9346 8010
General enquiries: 9346 8000
Address: Osborne Pl, Stirling WA 6021
Women and Newborn Health Service
This publication is provided for education and information purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical care. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace advice from your healthcare professional. Readers should note that over time currency and completeness of the information may change. All users should seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional for a diagnosis and answers to their medical questions.