Contact us

If you have a general enquiry, please use the online form. Enquiries submitted via this form are monitored during business hours only.

Online feedback form


To send feedback about the HealthyWA website including content or technical queries please email

Emergency and crisis

If you have a serious or life-threatening condition, go to an emergency department (ED). 

Call 000 for an ambulance.

Services are available to provide support and immediate response to people in crisis or in need of medical care, visit the emergency and crisis services page for more information. 

Additional health service information and help line telephone numbers can be found by searching the National Health Services Directory.

Department of Health 

Phone: (08) 9222 4222

For general COVID-19 advice, please call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080

For medical advice, please call healthdirect on 1800 022 222.

Street address
Department of Health
189 Royal Street
East Perth WA 6004

Postal address
PO Box 8172
Perth Business Centre
Perth WA 6849

Compliments and complaints about health services

If you wish to compliment, comment on, or complain about any health service received, you should first raise your concerns with attending health staff.  All public health services in WA have a complaints coordinator or a patient liaison officer  who will direct you to the right services to address your concerns. 

Learn more about the feedback process (compliments and complaints).

If you feel your complaint cannot be resolved by the service, there are other places you can contact for help:

Patient enquiries

If you are enquiring after a patient please:

Please note: The Department of Health has a duty of care to maintain patient confidentiality and will not disclose information to any individual unless they are directly involved in the health care of the patient.

Outpatient appointments

To cancel or reschedule an outpatient appointment call:

  • Outpatient Direct 1300 855 275 – National Relay Service callers 13 36 77.

Medical records

To access the medical records of yourself or another person regarding treatment received at a WA Health hospital or health service you will need to lodge an application form via the Freedom of Information (FOI) process.

Medical records from private practices

These are owned by the medical practitioner (if it is a solo practice) or the practice (if the doctor is part of a corporate medical practice). WA Health cannot help with these. You may wish to contact Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (external site) which supports the Medical Board of Australia (external site).

Last reviewed: 02-02-2024

This publication is provided for education and information purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional advice. Information about a service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement and is not intended to replace professional advice. Readers should note that over time currency and completeness of the information may change. All users should seek advice from a qualified professional for answers to their questions.